Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mother crunching designs!

I've done a lot of designs for the monster... let's see if we can follow my thought process as we journey through my imagination... Also, see if you can spot the subtle point where my scanner had a senile moment and made everything blue, meaning I had to recolour everything








I basically spent these first few drawings getting to grips with the direction I wanted to go with it, the robot arm idea was Nat's, which works pretty nicely because it means I can make the actual monster quite athletic but still give him loads of strength. I've tried to show off his athletacism a couple of times here. Still not sure how I'm going to do the robot arm at this point






Obviously up until this point I've not really settled on a design for the face, I pretty much picked one I liked based on a mixture of the creature from the black lagoon's actual face and a mud skipper, but I really wanted to experiment more and see what feel I could get from different combinations of animal influences. They've all got their advantages and disadvantages, and some of them are bloody hilarious, but I think aside from a few tweaks I'm going to end up going with my first idea.












Here I really wanted to start thinking about body and muscle structure, as well as how the robot arm would work. I've not really got anything perfect but I've definately got enough to get my low poly model made up. For the robot arm I'm going to give it a semi organic structure, like the first set of designs there, but more of an artificial overall feel like the second half. Most of the muscle can be added in sculpting, which Perri is doing later, but it's important to have some concrete reference for it.

Phew! I guess we'll get going with modelling now! Stuff up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment